Monday, June 30, 2008

WE ARE SLEEPING SO MUCH BETTER ALREADY!

Jim was recently diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. I knew something was wrong one night when I was having problems getting to sleep. I tossed and turned until about midnight and then he started this loud snoring and then what seemed like a minute of no breathing...and then he would gasp/snore and start all over again! That went on for 3 hours. I talked to Katie the next morning about my lousy nights sleep and she told me that it sounded like Sleep Apnea and that it was dangerous! I did some research on the internet, and needless-to-say, I made an appointment with a Sleep Center right away! He had his sleep study on June 21st. He had to go to this center and spend the night hooked up to all kinds of sensors and monitors so they could determine if he had the problem. They even took a picture of him and sent it home with him! To stay on my husbands good side, I will not be posting that picture on my blog!! From our point of view, he failed miserably! Last Friday night was his first night using the CPAP machine (continuous positive airway pressure). That was a pretty rough night. He said he didn't sleep very well, and I was kept awake by the noise! It's now been three nights, and boy what a difference it has made! He slept til his alarm went off and so did I!

No comments: