Last night we said goodbye to our 1997 Mercury Sable with 180,000 miles.
We sold it to a friend of ours for his daughter to drive to community college. He offered us more than any dealer in town did!
But before that we said hello to our new cranberry colored (I do believe it is purple!)2003 automobile with 51,000 miles on it!
Car shopping…Our least favorite thing to do on the planet.
Jim finally wore me down and convinced me it was time to replace our car.
He’s been trying to get me to agree with him for over a year. (I hate car payments!)
We shopped every Friday and Saturday for a month.
Murano…Sable…Jeep Compass…Impala…Jeep Liberty…on and on and on….
We were wearing down…everything was so expensive.
If it was in our price range it had a gazillion miles. Or it had “power” everything else, but not the drivers seat.
I was beginning to think I could get along without power seats, but Jim was adamant that I needed them. (I’m so glad he keeps my best interest at heart).
Finally, we found this one at a dealership that we had been to the day before. Different salesman this time.
Perfect for us. Older than we wanted, and definitely not what we were looking for, but so luxurious!
No comments:
Post a Comment